Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm back!

It's good to be home!
As much as I always enjoy my retreats at Blue Cloud Abbey, the return home to real life was welcome -- particularly when refreshed and strengthened by praying the Daily Office and fellowship with the monks.
My picture taking was another story. From Saturday through today we were blanketed by various degrees of fog which from time to time turned to drizzle. I only saw the sun was for a brief time yesterday morning. As I headed towards the Big Stone National Wildlife Refuge, even that brief ray of light disappeared and I was again enveloped by the ever-present gray and wet.
These two pictures will give you a little glimpse of what I kept seeing in the camera viewfinder.
But all was not lost -- I did have fun -- I did get some shots I liked.
More to follow as I progress with my editing.