Saturday, January 24, 2009

back at Monticello

Les called me on Wednesday and asked if I would like to join him at Monticello for more swan pictures. How could I say, no? The temperature was about 20 degrees warmer than last week, so on Thursday morning, about 7:15 a.m., I left home. 


This sliver of a moon was in the East, waiting for the sun to rise.



I arrived at the Swan Park a little after 8. Many swans were already there, apparently having spent the night. More kept flying in.



These Common Mergansers flew by in the distance, but didn't join us.



Of course, there were a lot of Mallards.



This swan snuck up on me from behind -- hence the blue sky above the mist & fog. It was so close I couldn't get the whole bird in the frame -- but, at least I got a good close-up look.
more to come