Sunday, July 20, 2008

the BIG picture

For a long time I've been struggling to find a good way to post larger pictures on this blog. Simply dragging a corner to a larger size while editing does not yield a satisfactory result -- line edges often end up jagged. Last week I received an email from Richard Atwater, publisher of At The Water blog. (Which I recommend not only for bird photos but other topics he covers.)
He suggested a modification in the edit mode to create larger pictures. If you will look at my July 17th post, you will note that the first an last pictures are substantially larger. However, Richard's method did not work well on the pictures I posted yesterday -- they ended up being cropped. I then realized that I had not followed instructions: Richard points out that one needs to use a blog template with a stretch (or wider) format. If this interests you, Richard's instructions are posted on his blog.
Before doing anything, you may want to download your blog's template so that you can get back to the original format, should you want to do so.
I'm experimenting with trying to keep my blog's template, but modifying it to make the main text area wider; I think I may have the answer, but I quit after midnight last night as I was getting "fuzzy." If I'm successful, I'll let you know.