Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Questar birder

Last week, October 6th, I posted some pictures and a description of my Questar telescope. I also mentioned a special model called the Birder, specifically designed for bird watching. Well -- one is up for auction on Astromart (I think you will be able to view the posting, but not bid unless you register on the site -- $12).
If you would like to read more about this scope and compare prices of new equipment, check the Questar site, and follow the links that will get you to the Birder. A site with a more elaborate description is Company Seven; prices are listed here, starting at $3,650. With the additional eyepieces, etc., I'm sure the list price of the one up for auction would exceed $4,000. My best guess (and that's all it is) is that it will bring in a little more than 1/2 of list.
Let me know if you bid on it (I won't be competing against you). The Questar optics are fantastic for such a small (3.5") scope.