Tuesday, April 22, 2008

this morning at Springbrook

SPRING HAS SPRUNG
at Springbrook



even the moss seems greener

parents are bringing out their kids

geese are nesting

Mallards are paddling

Great Blue Herons are fishing

White-throated Sparrows digging in the ground

I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get some decent pictures of Ruby-crowned Kinglets ...

... without much success, as you can see. The little buggers were 30 to 50 feet straight up -- my neck still hurts!

Most of my shots turned out like this one.

Even though this photo may lead you to believe that I am preoccupied with bird rear ends, I did have better luck with American Coots (more pictures to follow).
All in all, it was an excellent morning -- although I should have gone out earlier -- around sunrise -- which I hope to do tomorrow!

(click on pictures to enlarge)