Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lake Superior boat trips

A year ago last fall I went on my first birding boat trip on Lake Superior. It was a wonderful adventure and I'm signed up to go on another one this spring, May 19th.

This year's trips are being arranged by Mike Hendrickson, an experienced birder from Duluth.
At $40 per trip, this is a terrific bargain. Mike even provides coffee & snacks. All he asks is that you bring some popcorn to attract gulls. Dress warm & come with binoculars & a camera. Mike's site will give you a full description of how to register, where to go to meet with the boat, what to bring and what not to bring, and a lot more. click here

You can get the details of the four scheduled dates by checking Mike's web site: http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
Click on the Lake Superior Boat Trips link on the left side of the page.

Below are some of my pictures of the boat & scenery. Tomorrow I will post more of the birds.