Thursday, March 8, 2007

Picasa

I spent some time this afternoon introducing a friend to the intricacies of Picasa, Google's image processing software. While it is not nearly as powerful as Adobe's Photoshop, or even Photoshop Elements, it is free and has most of the editing features used by beginning photographers. Even though I have an older copy of Photoshop and a newer one of Elements, I revert to Picasa 95% of the time since it is convenient and fast. Also, it is a program with which I'm familiar.

It's handy for adding pictures to e-mails, creating slide shows (both on your computer and copied unto CDs), and most printing. If you haven't tried it and are not already using a more sophisticated program, I highly recommend it. The picture of the 3 swans at the top of this page, as well as the House Finch below, were edited and transferred to this blog by Picasa.