Friday, June 15, 2007

the call of Carlos

I still don't have my replacement contact lens, but I couldn't stand it any longer -- I had to get out with my camera. My timing was not the best. I hit Carlos Avery about 4 p.m. My car thermometer read 92 degrees -- there was little wind -- and a lot of flies coming in the open windows of the car. Even the Eastern Kingbird above was panting from the heat. But, it was good to get out. I used my car window mount some more and, while it has limitations, it can be useful. More pictures to follow.
I do want to call your attention to an article in today's Star Tribune about Lyme disease. It is important that you are able to recognize the symptoms. If diagnosed early, it is easily treated with antibiotics; if diagnosis is delayed, serious illness can result. Carlos Avery is apparently at hotbed for the disease.

He really was panting! -- birds do that in extreme heat.