Sunday, June 10, 2007

too busy

One of the regulars on the MOU Listservice signs off with "If you are too busy to go birding, you are too busy." I'm too busy today -- what with work around the house and some work deadlines tomorrow. Some days retirement looks really good!
But, on the list of things to come, not necessarily in this order:
1. I received the Delkin Sensorscope from Art Morris a few days ago & will report on it soon. (His web site is a little screwed up at this location; I ordered from one of his newsletters, which you should subscribe to; take a look at some back issues in the archive section and be amazed at Art's photography.) The scope is now available without the extra cleaning supplies and is about $90.
2. I'm planning on doing some lens sharpness tests comparing my 70-200mm f/2.8, 300mm f/4, & 400mm f/5.6 lenses with and without the 1.4x & 2x teleconverters.
3. I want to switch totally over to Adobe Elements 5.0 from Picasa for most of my print making and will report on this also (although I may not find time until late fall; it's more fun to go out birding).
4. Consideration to getting the Tamron 200-500mm lens.
5. Top grade spotting scope.