Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Carlos Avery

We interrupt our broadcast from Springbrook to bring you this message from Carlos.
After Craig was kind enough to let me know that Carlos had not suffered any damage from last Sunday's storm, I decided to go up there this afternoon. I don't know how Craig does it, but he has some terrific current pictures from Carlos on his blog. My experience was pitiful.

After 3 hours there I'm reduced to gosling pictures?

Or a noisy Marsh Wren hiding behind old Cat Tails?

Or a tired Tree Swallow? Tomorrow morning I'm back at Springbrook!

One interesting encounter was a pair of Sandhill Cranes. What made it interesting for me was that they were among some fairly large trees & brush as compared to their usual open habitat. The explanation may be the higher water level from Sunday's storm. Anyway, they were a welcome sight.

(click on pictures to enlarge)