Wednesday, May 7, 2008

more from last Monday at Springbrook

If you arrive at Springbrook around sunrise, the odds are very good that you will see a deer -- or two -- or three. If you don't, the deer are probably watching you.

There is also no shortage of bunnies.

One of my favorites this Spring, the Palm Warbler.

"Didn't your mother tell you not to chew your food with your bill open?"

"Mirror, mirror, ..."

My next project may be to get some decent pictures of the swallows in flight. I discovered quickly that my 300mm lens is too long (that's what was used in the above shot). I'm going to try my 70-200mm zoom next. The f2.8 on this lens should also help.

This Yellow-rumped Warbler looks too much like he's posing for a field guide. I like the next shot better.

(click on pictures to enlarge)