Tuesday, April 10, 2007

sensor cleaning

One of the advantages of using a digital single-lens reflex is the ability to change lenses at will. This happens to be also one of the DSLR's disadvantages, i.e., whenever you change a lens, you create an opening for dust & dirt to get into your camera and eventually upon the sensor. Since the sensor on my Canon 20D needs cleaning right now (which I've been putting off; it only shows up if you aim your camera at the sky or other even background with the lens stopped down) I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject. So many new cleaning tools have been introduced to the market in the last year or so.
One good analysis of the problem and how to tackle it is in this article. In the meanwhile I'll be using the Lens Pen I just bought from Art Morris. I'll let you know how it work and keep you posted on other possibilities as well.