Friday, April 13, 2007

Springbrook Nature Center

I worked long hours Wednesday & Thursday to make sure I could get out to Springbrook today for my second visit of the year. I was sure I would see many more birds and was not disappointed.
I have a tendency to take along too much equipment which becomes heavy and cumbersome after a few hours in the field. So this morning I followed my friend, Jim's advice and took only my Canon 20D, a 400mm lens with a 1.4x teleconverter attached, Gitzo tripod, and my Nikon Coolpix 995.
When the warblers start arriving, I will probably switch to the 300mm lens which has image stabilization and is much easier to handhold than the 400mm.
Since it has been a long winter, I knew I would probably shoot everything in sight; you will see that I was right. I hope you won't be bored, but rather, encouraged to go out more often and take your own pictures. It is a most relaxing and fascinating pastime.